Monday, September 28, 2009

Post-Game Report: OSU vs AZ

Dy -" Denial, Anger, Bargaining"
Post-game Saturday night:
Denial-Please tell me that didn't just happen! Maybe it was just some bad jello.
Anger- You have got to be kidding me. Burned time after time in the corner. I said stick to them like glue!
Bargaining-Please find some way to stay with ASU. I can't take another one like the last two.
This is a short one cause they tell me I'm not allowed to swear. That severely limits my monologue. Anguish. It's what I got.
They KILLED us in the corners. What did I say. Backpack football. 28- I can't pronounce your name, all I can say is you're consistantly 5 steps away and you're FREAKIN killing us.
You're fired.
We need to go to 5 guys on offense. 2 Rogers, Ninja, Wheaton, and I'll let you pick #5. It may open up the run a bit and should give us more than desperate pre-sack crossing routes as our only option. I know, I begged you Coach to run to the weak side a few years ago. The play calling has become entirely too predictable. Run trips once in a while to the strong side. Mix it up a bit. Do something please (bargaining, again) Get Wheaton the ball and let him run.
I need hope. I need something.
Sunday PM:
After sleeping on it, I've realized that there were some extraordinary individual efforts out there from the Beavs. But, this is a team sport guys. The Duck team Saturday looked nothing like the team that played Boise State. And Beavers you too get another chance next week at redemption. The Ninja (80) has great instincts about where to go once the ball is in his hands. Way to back it into the end zone (Jen he should be your crush just for that). Despite being pummeled at every turn, Quizz continued the second effort to gain three painful yards at a time. If we open up the field a bit you never know what's going to happen. Kristick displayed the heart of a lion and was named in nearly every tackle made. I will be sending my nearly 3 year old nephew down there to show the rest of you how to leg tackle. He's the best I've seen lately and he has his own Beaver jersey already.
Ang - "Numbers"
So Jenn and I were commiserating at the game and tried to find something positive to go home with - all we could come up with was - "Wow, that's a pretty sunset" and "Well, at least they played good music." Pathetic! I couldn't agree with Dy more...try opening up that playbook Riley...if I can predict the play, then you're in trouble b/c I don't even know what the h-e-double l to look for! The numbers are equally telling:
- Quizz almost tied the record for the most receptions in one game at 13 (Hass had 14). Hello, they know we're going to use him and he's ALWAYS covered. You've got to use other players to keep them guessing.
- Canfield wasn't all that bad I guess, 303 yards and two TDs, but it's the interceptions that killed us and a non-existent O-line that let the Wildcats pummel him the last quarter with five sacks - two being within the last 15 seconds of the game! I noticed three times he actually MOVED in the pocket and went for some rushing yardage despite looking as clumsy and big-footed as Derek Anderson! Friggin' miracle - he can be taught!
- #3 - can I tell you how excited I got when he came jaunting onto the field like my knight in shining armor! Too bad he didn't make the completion for a TD. I want him back - he's got spirit and toughness...sorry Canfield, I think you're great and a hottie, but we need a shake-up at this point.
- I still love my Ninja (#80) - I know he missed two big catches, but he had excellent defensive coverage, had a lifesaving TD that was almost an interception, and at least was goin' for it every play! In my opinion, he and the Rogers' bros are the only ones out there earning their scholarships.
-0 - yes, that's a goose egg for the number of sacks by our D. Where the heck has it gone? Did the O-line and D-line switch players this week? Get some fire under your butts boys!
- #28's name is Tuimaunei - apparently, he's a safety. And, I also read today Catchings was out after an ankle injury in the 3rd Qtr.
- 2-yard line Punt Returns - hey, can ANYONE explain to me why in the heck we didn't try to return the ball on the 30 and instead allow it to bounce and land twice on the 2-yard line during the game??? Seriously, I was about ready to run down there and give an ass-whoopin' to those "returners!"
Sorry to hear that you've been literally branded with the Beav logo Dy - that's takin' one for the team.
Jenn - It's really just all a complete disaster! Seriously, the only game we've looked decent in this year was against PSU! I'm really sad. I just think there's too many things that are broken and maybe not enough talent to fix it. I say put in Lyle and pray! At least he leaves the pocket since our O line can't hold anyone back. A pocket passer is great if you have the protection but obviously we don't so it AINT WORKING!!!!!!!!!! I'm giving this season one more game and then I'm going to start thinking about next season. Just call me DEBBIE DOWNER!
BTW: Checking out the ESPN site for updates and seeing 'Just Ducky' as the headline really pets my peav too! Icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment