Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ang - The ’09 Football Season & The Old Guys

I haven’t had a chance to do any pre-season reading, but here’s my take so far:
A lot of sports reporters are talking about the Rogers brothers on the offense side and rightly so, but this is a teamwork based team! Let’s not forget the little guys…how are Kavanaugh and McCants looking in camp this Fall?  And, who's our new safety??? As far as QBs go this year, I’m bummed about Moevao as back-up – he’s the heart of the team to me and a tough ass! Granted, Canfield is a hotty, but I’m hoping he’s got the spirit and confidence to keep the team going.  I'm especially nervous about our young line...
On the defense, this is where our line will make/break us (we lost 5/7), but thank God for Kristick and Pankey.  Our new line has yet to be tested...
And, excuse my ignorance, question of the day - looks like Zane Norris (RS Freshman LB out of Jesuit) is related to Slade Norris???  Way to go Riley!
OK, and here’s a shout out to Stroughter and Anderson – both vying for full-time slots in the NFL:
Stroughter
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/aug/31/sp-feeling-good-about-rookie/sports-bucs/
I love his flexibility on the line and great attitude – maybe will help redeem us from the arrogance of Ocho Cinco!
Anderson
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gT8zbRkybYF5qOY7zmPn6PizJuLwD9AD5DA80
Yada yada…Brady Quinn. Who cares! Give Anderson a shot man! A TD pass in a preseason game is all that separates the two…give me a break!  Anderson has the heart of an underdog and he's a hick w/o entitlement issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment