Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jenn - Is Black the New Green?

Last time I checked BLACK was a Beaver color? The fact that you can now see a Duck on the field wearing head-to-toe black is disturbing to say the least! Did they run out of shades of green? Did 'lightening yellow' make them cross-eyed? Are they trying to look slimmer? Does black look better with the feathers? I'm not sure how Duck fans feel about this but if I saw my Beavs come out on the field wearing green, I'd leave!

You may be thinking, black is neutral.....like, say white. Yes, both schools wear white BUT their colors are green and yellow and ours are black and orange. Black is off limits in my opinion.

AND while I'm on the subject: 160 different jersey options to choose from? Really? Please! It's football. It's the size of your muscles that matters.....not the size of your wardrobe! If you think I'm making this stuff up (I know it seems like I HAVE to be), check out the link! http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2009/09/oregon_ducks_uniforms_so_many.html

2 comments:

  1. I live in Eugene and have had Duck fans tell me that they changed their official color to black! Are these people crazy? YES they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn I have to agree with you black is ours. We don't buy green cars. We don't wear yellow shirts (besides the fact that yellow makes me look pale). We wouldn't be caught dead cheering for our team running out onto the field in donald duck green.
    So to the ducks I say...life is full of imposters. What the Duck?

    ReplyDelete