Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ang-Picks, Ponderings, and Pansies

So much to comment on, so little nap time to get it done...
My two cents on the 3 Blonde Beav's Special Team/Watch List (I feel like I'm making my NCAA Basketball picks - wait, wrong season! This year, I'm making my picks blindly as I haven't seen any of these guys play yet, nor have I seen them in their tight pants, which is usually a better indicator of success):
Offense - Michael Philipp - OL - HUGE GUY who's expected to start; otherwise, eventually Jordan Bishop - RS Fresh/WR who had a good Spring session and Keynan Parker - CB - whose got the speed.
Defense - There's something about Tom Black - DE out of Canada - maybe b/c he's a hockey player or maybe b/c he had 24 tackles in one game in HS!
Special Teams - Zane Norris (as both LB and Special Teams - he's gotta be good w/ an older bro like Slade beating him up his whole life!)
OK girls, what are yours???
Onto Dy's "Why do we love the run back guy" - well, it's easy - he's got the breakaway potential - in line with our dreams akin to Rudy, we love a Cinderella story, it's human nature!
Finally, onto the Duck's uni's...I've been told Nike provides the numerous options to "test" them out and b/c UofO is Knight's alma mater, but I think it's b/c the Ducks are just plain high maintenance! If you were Chip Kelly or Bellotti, wouldn't you be saying "thanks, but no thanks" - we're starting to come across as whiney pansies who care more about our outfits and pounding our chests than our skills? I guess it goes along with the Duck's entitlement issues...don't get me started on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment