Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dy-Priorities

Priorities are what set the great athletes apart from the average.  More time running, extra reps in the gym and a drive to continue on when you are bruised and beaten at 3 a days. 
But, I'm not here to talk about the athletes.  I'm here to talk about fans.  Fans with tickets in hand.  Who go to the recruiting dinners, spring games and read every article and blog they can get their hands on.  These are the fans (like me) who consult their football schedule before committing to any social event during football season.  I and maybe some of you out there may have been accused of being insensitive to our friends and family who schedule major events (weddings, baby showers, etc) during football season.  Remember even if you get married on a bye week eventually your anniversary will fall on a game day and then what?  Some of 3 blondes even attempted to schedule pregnancies around football season.  Don't ask me how, it wasn't me:)
Everyone has choices.  I choose football.  I'm sorry, I still love you.  Please forgive me. 

2 comments:

  1. Jason told his brother not to get married when they set a date in September 10 years ago! We watched the game (luckily away) in the bar!!! Otherwise I am not quite sure if my brother in law would have had a best man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Dad I'm not targeting you. Although someone asked me your anniversary date and I replied...I don't know Beavs played ASU that day! You of all people should have my back on this one.

    ReplyDelete