Monday, November 2, 2009

Beavs brusin' the Bruins

Ang - So maybe that title's a bit of an exaggeration considering we gave up a 16 pt. lead in 10 mins. and the team seemed to play half-heartedly. Maybe it was b/c it was Halloween night and the boys could think of nothing more than donning their power ranger outfits for free snacks OR maybe (more likely) it was b/c they were coming off a close loss to USC and figured this was a gimme. What I do know is it was still all Rogers all the time (thank God for those boys), Canfield is really starting to get his groove on, and Hula (Halahuni) and Ninja (Adeniji) are earning their keep! The defense still gave up key 3rd down plays and just can't seem to get a sack. The Bruins were a beaten down team that I was expecting the Beavs would shut-out, which makes me all the more nervous about upcoming Cal and the Ducks. Sorry people, but I think we're hosed. If any of you watched the Ducks Sat. night, you saw their agility and quickness on the offense and a steamin' hot defense batting down balls by one of the top QBs in the nation. Scarey stuff for Halloween night.
Jenn - Ok, I can't take this get a sweet lead in the first half and then try to give the game away in the 4th stuff any more! I'm going to have a heart attack! Somehow these stessful wins feel like a loss to me. AND what is with all the false start and extra man on the field penalties? These are freshman mistakes that I blame on our seasoned coach. Come on Riley! And as for the ducks......I was ready for them to choke like they do every season at this time but they are for real this year. The stars are aligned for them. I DO think that USC is over-rated however. I think that Stanford and Arizona on the road will give them bigger fits. They have been in Eugene a lot this year. Let's see some road action.
Dy - After a bye week trip to Hawaii...I did the unthinkable. I went out of town to celebrate Halloween in Dallas (cause I'm sticking at 28) and missed a home game. Sometimes this blonde girl needs to walk on the wild side. So after the second disco nap of the day I got to watch the game via tape delay. Cheating via ESPN scorecenter on the Iphone takes the edge off Jenn!
1)Score when you get in the red zone.
2)Stupid penalties should have been cleaned up earlier in the season. We saw Stanford defeat themselves that way. Let's not follow their example.
3)The wild Beaver works. Nice spiral Quizz.
4)Why are we talking about the Ducks? Don't they do enough of that for everyone?
5)I still couldn't bring myself to wear that beautiful green dress even in a different area code... It's football season!
Jenn - You'll be glad to know that I HAVE vowed not to speak about the Ducks any more this season. I still want them to choke but I'm not going to get upset about it any more. So what if they are good. I learned this week that you can shut up a duck fan in two seconds by agreeing with them and telling them they are having a great season. They don't know what to say to that one :) It's a new tactic that I haven't tried before :)
Dy - I've found that pre-emptive moves are the best. Wow, what a game! Goes a long way. I just have a problem with the poser, bandwagon ones the most. One of my sorority sisters that lives in Eugene had some idiot mounthing off to her 3-year-old son who was wearing his cool Beavs jersey in the grocery store. X*&# 'em. I'll keep the Ducks I like and the rest can go wear black for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment